There is a whole world out there! My yearning to traveling the world was no so powerful than the time I spent at Morehouse College. I did my workstudy assignment in the study abroad department of my college with a lady name Gwen Wade. Amazingly enough I was unable to travel abroad during my 3 years in Atlanta, however that does not mean my desire has changed any since I have been back in Texas.

As a matter of fact I have compiled a plan to touch every continent during a year span beginning in 2012. Now I certainly plan to travel internationally before then, but in one year I will spend one month at a time in 12 major cities across the globe. I want to do this in an effort to learn the languages, the cultures, the societal norms, and customs of my brothers and sisters outside of the United States. During this time I will write about my experiences so that I may paint a vivid picture for other people who may not be as fortunate as me to see and live the life of a travel writer.

Beginning in September of 2012 I will launch my journey and campaign into the unknown and the unseen. The journey will begin in Tokyo, Japan. I have always felt magnet force that would pull me toward Tokyo every since I worked with Ms. Wade and took an Elementary Japanese course at Spelman College. Tokyo and Japan as a whole I believe will play an even more vital role in the American economy. Moreover, I want to study the transportation system the city has put together to transport the millions of people who call Japan home and visit each year. I believe the United States will soon begin adopted policies that will open up the market for state to state and city to city speed rails in the name of mobility.

My stop is Bangkok, Thailand. My interest in Bangkok surfaced this year when I met two students at Texas A&M from Thailand's capital city. They told me about some of the images and places that are there, and I was immediately sold on what the city has to offer. Moreover, I remember playing the game Street Fighter and my favorite fighter was "Tiger" a warrior from Thailand. I know this Asian city will give me some insight into who I am and ability to write so vividly and passionately even if it is about the great Thai dishes I will consume.

After Bangkok, I will travel to Johanessburg, South Africa. I used to think I did not want to go to the Southern countries of Africa and would instead seclude myself to the Western countries of the African continent. However, after seeing and hearing about the great experiences people had at the World Cup in 2010 I have decided I would like to visit this world famous city and while I am there study the life of one of the greatest pioneers of my lifetime, Nelson Mandela. After a month in South Africa I am sure to come away having learned great lessons and obtain an enhanced value system.

Not to forsake my Western Africans, I immediately after South Africa, I will travel to the capital city of Ghana, Accra. I have a friend who studied abroad in Accra, and she always basks in the glory of its naturalness, and how she felt as if she belonged. As an African displaced in America I am yet to experience this sort of natrual belonging, and aspire to do so. Ghana has a rich history, and I can see myself now playing soccer with the natives, visiting Accra's national museum, and sharing my breathe taking experiences through writing.

I can not just do two African cities, I have to make it three. The last stop on the African continent is Narobi, Kenya. On multiple occassions I have been told I look Kenyan. With this in mind, I want to trace my families bloodline and find out if indeed I am a native of Kenya. Regardless, knowing precisely where my family came from on the African continent is vital to my overall life progression. I will visit the government centers, and even make a voyage to Kenyas beaches which I am most certain they have.

I am sure I will not want to leave Narobi, however my next stop is Stockholm, Sweden. Fact is Sweden is a rich country. I look forward to staying warm first of all. Then feasting my eyes on the delicacies of this European city. I am not too sure of the history of Stockholm, however I am in the process of familirizing myself with the dos and donts as well as a historical prospective of this great city. I look forward to beautiful people, great food, and breath taking moments.

This is the first half of my twelve month voyage into the depths of the earth. As with any extensive trip I will take a break. That is where we have come to in this journal entry. Taking a break.

Comments