Sharing your story with the world

Hello, my name is Ethan Brisby. I am an ordinary man with an extraordinary mission. Recently while visiting with one of my mentors he introduced me to his morning ritual which includes 10 minutes of reading, 10 minutes of writing, and 10 minutes of praying. I recently adopted this ritual. This morning's reading I took from "A Purpose Driven Life," by Rick Warren. This is a book about living your life with purpose through the gospel of Jesus Christ.

Today's reading dealt with sharing your story of how God is working and has worked in your life. For me, I was a child reared in the church. I was attending church services when I was an infant, and continued to do so on a regular basis until the age of 24. At that time I began sputtering in my own ways in a wayward direction. I still knew Jesus and continued to pray to him and lean on him for understanding, but I failed to serve the world with a heart that was condusive to his will for my life.

Then I realized I need a working relationship with Jesus Christ in order to have the peace, prosperity, and sanity I so desire for my life and my family's life. With this in mind I rededicated my life to Christ recently. My desires shifted from wanting my will for my life to wanting his will for my life. Before I made this decision, my life had turned into one of want and need and constant confusion. I was always worrying that I would not achieve my goals as I wanted to; my eyes were clouded by ambition.

I realized I needed Jesus when I could no longer use my gift as I always have to reach people. You see, because I am a communicator. I talk to people, I write to express myself, and I enjoy engaging others in conversation. During this time away from Jesus Christ I began to incabate. I was tricked into seeing myself less than. It may not have been noticable from the outside, but on the inside I was not experiencing progression. I needed to reconnect with my gift in order to use it for the glory of God and the perfect plan he has for my life.

The first thing I did to commit my life to God was connect with a local church group. This is something I am still in the process of doing, because I want to be with a group of believers that are truly sold out for service. In the meantime I began to commit to reading God's word and engaging in personal development activities to retrain my mind for the mission before me. Lastly, I continue to pray and fast, denying myself of worldly desires while I am drawing nearer to God.

The difference this has made in my life in such a short time is amazing! I can see clearly now. I have an understanding of my definite purpose in life, which is to provide for my family and uplift those who may have lost touch with their purpose. God will give everyone a different passion, and it is important to never devalue what others are passionate about. There is a reason for the wide spread of difference between each person's passion.

Throughout this journey God has taught me much about failure, lack of money, pain, sorrow, and depression. He has taught me the victory in waiting, about disappointment, and I have learned from my family, my relationships, and my critics. For this I am forever grateful. It is the journey in life that is greatest. Now at 28 years old I am embarking on the greatest mission I have ever known! It is my mission in the world to be a beacon of light. Using the tools and resources given to me for the greater good and to spread the gospel of Jesus Christ. If just one person will be in Heaven because of me sharing my story I have made a difference.


Love,

Ethan
@ethamous
comfortablyliving@gmail.com

Comments