Let them play!

I just looked over the BCS Standing and heard some commentary on how and why TCU will not play for a national championship. First things first, I am not a proponent of any ametour athletic football playoff system. Leave it the way it is. All I ask is that you insert the idea of respect, a sense of worth or belonging. If you are going to have these conferences that are eligible for the BCS championship game, then whats up with dilussionally disrespecting their dominance? This reminds me of the idea that an African American is elgible to hold a US Senate seat, but we just have not got room to be toiling with one.

TCU's roster is filled with athletes from the state of Texas, a state known for producing some of the fastest, most athletic, and capable football players. So then, why is it that they keep beating everyone this season, but the people who get paid to talk on TV insist that they probably will not make it to the big game. Granted I am from Texas, but I really believe 22 Texas athletes would not be as much of an underdog to 22 Oregon or Auburn athletes as is being projected. Just go ask Utah what those Horned Frogs are capable of doing. They whooped up on them 47-7 this weekend at a time when Utah was said to be by these same talking heads the 5th best team in the country.

My logic just has not matched up with that of the masses lately or ever actually. Maybe I need to check myself. Naaaaah, I like being me too much. On a more serious note, I believe the BCS stands to put the top two teams in a championship game. So then, if there is a team that is elgible for that game and they have shown themselves to be unbeatable up until the point of the big game, it would seem right that the unbeatable team have a chance to prove their invincibility. Did that just go right over your head? Didnt think so. Its simple. This is not the Make Money Bowl. And thats why a playoff would be detrimental, because of the love of money To be perfectly honest with you, I would much rather see TCU play Boise State for the national title. "That would really piss 'em off."

Sports take

Comments