Rambling

My name is Ethan Brisby. I am ordinary guy with an extraordinary vision. In today's society it is not often that young people decide to get married without outside interference. What I mean by this is that friends, family, and others often have an opinion about what someone who is in love should or should not do with their life. When I look at couples 60 years and older, many of them married when they were what we would called today, puppies. They were 18, 19, 20. And today they have a children, own a home, grandchildren, and are retired. Then the next generation of folks that came at the end of the Baby Boom are also in a similar situaiton. However some of them are not as stable as they are results of the 70s Funk Era and Free Spirits, Drugs etc.

All that jazz matters for none. What this is about is the current crops of bachelors and bachelorettes. Come this October, I will have been in a relationship with my girlfriend for three years. To this point we have been unable to get any kind of endorsement from her mother to say its ok for us to get married. There are a plethra of reason this could be. One I was my girlfriend's first boyfriend, her mother raised her as a single parent after her father passed away prematurely. So now I am faced with the idea of married, but unable to pull the trigger for this and other reason.

I can sense a life changing moment coming my way, and I am not sure what it is at this point. Moreover, this blog is really now based in any specific outline or plan or attack. I am literally allowing my fingers to type everything that comes to my mind at this hour. There are some hard hitting developments occurring in my life. For the past year my girlfriend has been living in my hometown with me. We have been building our foundation and making an effort to stand on our own two feet. To this point it has been

Comments