The Decision


August 17, 2011

To whom it may concern: 

It is with great excitement I am writing to you today about my future. I can honestly say I have reached many goals in the past 10 years with a simple formula of charisma, ambition, and honesty. For this reason, I have every reason in the world to believe the best is yet to come! 

At this time, I have decided to defer my educational pursuits indefinitely in favor of entrepreneurial desires and family needs. If I were an athlete this decision would basically amount to me going pro, and that’s the perspective I am taking moving forward. While I sincerely understand the indefinable value of knowledge, my inability to secure fellowships, grants, and financial aid to provide sufficient housing, adequate food supply, and excess currency to enjoy the fruits of life has led me to this decision. 

Chiefly, I have recently incorporated Team SHIFT, a community development firm which I am choosing to take into growth and increased momentum. This summer my team successfully piloted the Team SHIFT Academy, and this fall we will unveil Team SHIFT Personal Development Services. We will aggressively seek to expand Team SHIFT over the next 18 months and I will eventually take an advisory role once Team SHIFT is sustainable.
Also, I also have decided to earn my Texas Real Estate License. I will use the fall to study, take course work (Champion Real Estate), and pass the state exam. My goal is to incorporate a Real Estate investment company in 2012. Finally, I am moving closer to publishing a memoir and self-help book which will enhance Team SHIFT programming as well as my ability to accept speaking engagements. 

I ask that you continue to show your support rather it be in an advisory role, partnerships, or financial support of Team SHIFT. This is what God is calling my life to at this hour and I am up for the challenge. I also like my chances. You should too!  

Regards,

Ethan Brisby,
Executive Director
Team SHIFT, Inc

Comments