I am flexible and young in Spirit

Certain things about this life I love, others not so much. For example, I love how you can be down to your last one day, in proverbial last place, and then recoup your losses only to find yourself back on top. I love this about life.

It’s those days, months, and years you spend building up your fortress that can take their toll on your confidence, bank account, and social equity. I’ve experienced many levels of this. Most recently, I have been on top, and it feels better than the last time I was here. I am older, wiser, stronger, and better prepared to lead a sustainable desirable lifestyle.

Love is another of those mysterious parts of life that seems more like a liquid than a solid state. You cannot hold it in your hand, and all things remaining constant, you cannot see love. From my experience, it is an internal force that lives in you as you intentionally face the challenges of maintaining love.

I’ve seen it at its highest level, at least by my radar, and I must say, I am encouraged to see this part of life return to my internal state and help order my steps. The steps of creating love are long and can be drawn out in the 21st century. It takes keen focus and attention to detail.

More than anything though, I have learned during this exasperating roller coaster of life that consistency along with a well-balanced emotional demeanor reign supreme. Of course, I speak from a space that is first occupied by a love for God and a belief in Jesus Christ. I sternly believe Christ died and rose. When He ascended to his place next to God in heaven he left his followers the Holy Spirit to guide and be a comforter knowing we would need it.

I’ve experienced the highs and lows of this relationship as well. When I am on high, my spirit is so in tune with what I need to do to remain on top, happy, focused, and seemingly in control of my destiny. It’s starts and ends with your state of mind. While it can be natural to be down and out when things do not go your way, it is important to control your energy.

You decide how you will feel about any of many circumstances you may face in this lifetime. You decide if you want to be happy with your life or if you are hopeless. This is not something that is given to you or rationed out like scarce supply of rice.

There is enough gratefulness to go around, and that’s a great place to start each day by expressing gratitude for all your life experiences. You just never know when the table may turn on you.

Stay hungry my friends!

EB 



Comments