The morning of September 9, 2017

Thirty-five and one day. Wow, as I look back over the past decade of my life, I can truly say I am blessed. I have seen and done more than some people see and do in a lifetime. From late Vegas nights to sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ. My life is balanced.

SHIFT Enterprise Academy recognized
by Bryan City Council 
The year of 2017 is quickly turning into the best year of my life on all fronts. I continue to position myself to serve many people through my ministry and business ventures. Since January, SHIFT Enterprise Academy expanded to include a small group of high performing youth in Galveston County. My real estate business is giving more opportunities than I can handle, and my son is evolving into a true upgrade of my best self.

As with anything, God continues to test my heart. I spent 13 days in the county jail this summer on a very fluke situation that somehow turned into a positive. During my short time, I spoke life into more than one inmate by listening, advising, and encouraging. It was during this time my eyes were opened to a renewed perspective about my life’s purpose.

As I enter into what I consider the second part of my life, I am ready to extend my reach globally. My friends in places like Nairobi, Lagos, and Dar es Salaam make entry into the African continent convenient and favorable. These are my ideal locations for continuing the mission of Comfortably Living, an economic development consulting firm I started in 2013.

Doing what I am called to do;
speaking life while adding value
I am excited about so many things, but not the fifteen or twenty-five year old type of excited. This excitement is rooted in wisdom that comes from trial and error. I can see clearly. I am better prepared to enter new markets while trying new enterprising activities. It’s not just about enterprise with me though; the mission is much greater.

As such, I am considering further academic pursuits, i.e. a PhD and I am open to dating again. I know having a suitable helpmate and companion is one way to exponentially increase the balance in my life and experience unspeakable joy. As I now take time to clearly define my goals, who and what I want to be, I am rooted in this moment with my eyes set on the prize for living a life worthy of my calling.


EB

Comments