From EJ to Ethan Brisby: One Man, One Story, One Life

"Remain calm and cheerful." "Keep on keeping on."  These are my mantras of the past decade.

Before then, I just did my own rendition of what everyone else was doing; I wore Jordan's, I had a brief stint chasing women, and I lived for work. Then..., around 2004 something changed. I wanted to do more. I began giving away my Air Jordan's (I peeked at 150 pair), I practiced abstinence just after my son was born in 2002 until 2008, and began again in late 2012. Whereas, I held down two jobs in high school including the responsibility of managing people twice my age at a local pizza delivery spot, I now wanted to launch my own enterprises, leave my own legacy for my grandchildren to build upon, live like a rock star, and share a message of faith, hope, and love.

I never had any real responsibility until then.

My moms paid my phone bill (I even had a pager in 11th grade), bought me my first car, and was something like a master teacher to me. But then, when I took on the responsibility to living out my own goals and dreams, that's when everything changed. Nothing was the same. I had to work for everything. Nothing came easy. In order for me to progress, I had to be bold. I had to take risks, and bare great defeats which only balanced themselves with the new found triumph I am experiencing. Much of the victories are silent, and UOENO it by reading this. Even though God wanted me to stand 5'4' 120lbs, my internal growth keeps me somewhere around 8'5' chizzled chest, and I have to squat when I walk in some rooms.

One thing has remained constant, and that's change. For this reason, I encourage you to start with the man or woman in the mirror, and face the changes necessary for progress. Being fat, ugly, or African American is not an excuse to point fingers. In the Information Age, a pessimistic inner circle, and a lack of knowledge is what will leave you 3/4 of a man; not your race. If I'm standing the test of time, I know you can. Be the person you want to be. The world is waiting for you.


As for me, I am just getting started. Fifty years from now, I'll still be on top.

Holla at a player when you see me in the street.


Love. Peace. & Hair Grease.
"EJ"

...Follow me everywhere @ethanbrisby



Comments