The work is plentiful, the workers are few


The voice inside your head. Some call it the subconscious. Others refer to it as the mind. While some like me consider it to be the Holy Spirit which descended after the life, death, resurrection, and ascension of Jesus Christ. (Acts 2:14-23)

I have a testimony to share about the faithfulness that happens when you are bold enough to listen to this voice. It involves a risky decision to leave behind weeks of networking and career building in the Austin. 

I was moved to visit my grandmother on Saturday night. So then, I went to church on Sunday morning, still in Austin. The call was still ringing aloud in my head, so I decided to call her to see how she was doing. To my wonder, she told me she had been up praying and asking God to send someone all Saturday night.
I mention this because it is that pristine connection with the Holy Spirit which surpasses all knowledge, which allowed me to feel what she was feeling. I followed that call, traveled to the city where she resides, and to my amazement the three days I spent there were filled with amazing experiences. 

I had lunch with a 98 year old woman. I ate dinner with an old friend. I delivered a handwritten letter for a young trouble child. I received aid from a mentor. I had a revelation about my son’s happiness. I gave hugs where they needed to be given. And I made an effort to say “I love you” to family whom I believed needed to hear those words. These were acts of freedom.  

All this, and more was because of the initial response to the voice in my head. This is my testimony, and I share it not to give you reason to examine my life, but instead to implore you to be led by the Goodness of God. Especially when the inclination is for the greater Good. There is more to this story, but I pray you will make your own testimonial by remaining faithful to the call.

“When the Holy Spirit came upon them they received Power.” Acts 2:4 



Comments