Salt and Light

By: Ethan Brisby

Salt and Light

13 “You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled underfoot.
14 “You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. 15 Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. 16 In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.

Matthew 5:13-16

As I read this, I think of how I used to live and the many people I must have impacted as I used my power to fulfill the sinful desires of my heart. I had no shame in how far away from normal I would go when I entertained the desires of the sinful nature.

Now as I am renewed in my faith, reconciled to God, and a light placed on a hill I proclaim that Jesus Christ is Lord. He is my rock. He is my refuge when I need a place to hide my heart and my thoughts. He is food when I am hungry. He is all these things and more to me. God can also solve every problem in your life, and He can answer every prayer you pray.

The Kingdom is not about what you can get, but about what you can give. With this in mind, I demand those who proclaim the Christian faith to let their light shine. Not because I am telling you to do so, but let it shine because God has made you a unique creature who has a specific task to complete on this earth.

In completing your assignment seek to fulfill the desires of the spirit. The fruits of the spirit are love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. This the way to walk in your true light. Now place this light where all can see it and they may be encouraged to live a life pleasing to God based on your light. You have that power.

Anything that is not drawing you nearer to a complete life in the spirit, sever ties. Be your true self. I dare you!

-Ethan

Comments