Product of my Environment. Still Standing

Today I invited to join a group of local decision makers for the City of Bryan's Social Inclusion planning meeting. While at this meeting the participants were taken on a group tour to areas which will be targeted over a 10 year span for increases in employment rate, educational attainment, health, and transportation accessibility.

The neighborhoods we toured are the same places I grew up. The same houses that were pointed out as dilapidated and unlivable were the houses some of my best friends lived during our school days. These were the same neighborhoods many of my relatives call home. So then, what makes me so special that I did not become what some of my friends are now. And this is not to define what is success or failure subjectively, but rather an open ended question of which I have no answer.

However, I am lead in the direction that says, God has shown me favor in a way I may never understand. He has provided a way for me to travel extensively domestically and soon internationally. I am a productive of my environment, yet I stand.

Comments